10 Interesting facts about next World Cup in Russia
- This is the first time ever that Russia is hosting FIFA World Cup. The FIFA World Cup is held next year during summer of 2018.
The finals of the World Cup will be held in Moscow.
Since it is a World Cup there will be teams attending the tournament from all over the world and they are divided into zones. There will be 32 teams in totals with Russia as the host and 13 other teams from Europe, 5 teams from Africa, 4 teams from Asia, 4 teams from South America, 3 teams from North America and 2 teams which are unknown. Those 2 teams can win their way into the World Cup during playoffs.
The World Cup is held in different cities in Russia, to be more exact in 11 different cities. Here is the list of all 11 cities:
Sochi – in 2014 was the host of the Winter Olympics, since then it has a modern
Kaliningrad – the city with impressive history and even more impressive historical
names like Ernst Hoffman and Immanuel Kant
Volgograd – placed on the western bank of the Volga River, after which it was named
Saransk – important financial and economic centre
Rostov-on- Don – trading port filled with amazing Russian culture which will leave you
Nizhny Novgorod – in the past it was one of the largest closed cities in the Soviet Union
called Gorky which gives him impressive historical value
Samara – the most diverse centers of Russia. It is a city with 10000 faces.
Kazan – as the 3rd capital of Russia, Kazan is the most diverse cultural center in those
Ekaterinburg – one of the 12 most ideal cities named by the UNESCO
Saint Petersburg – amazing history and even more amazing architecture makes this city
Moscow – one of the few cities in the world which can’t be described that easily will
hold the finals of the cup
5. The mascot of the World cup is the wolf named Zabivaka which was created by Ekaterina Bocharova, a Russian student
6. Besides the World Cup 2018, Russia hosted another tournament in 4 out of 11 cities. It is the Confederation Cup which was held in Kazan, Sochi, Moscow and Saint Petersburg in June and July 2017.
7. The theme of the World Cup can be described as: “The dream and the cosmic outer space exploration, enlivened with folk motives featuring Firebirds, Matryoshkas and folk patterns.”
8. There is an estimation which says that the World Cup in Russia will be visited more than 3,000,000 people, including 1 000 000 guests from all over the world.
9. All Stadiums for the FIFA World Cup will be reconstructed and build by the Green Building Standards, including the requirements for disabled people and people with limited mobility
10. Each and every stadium especially made or renovated for the World Cup has a plan for the long-term usage by the city and people in it.
Mark is a foosball enthusiast who loves everything connected to table soccer and football. He has a blog about foosball called the Foosball Zone where he writes all about foosball. His blog is filled with reviews of different soccer tables, and tutorials like what you need to know before picking your soccer table.
https://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/10-interesting-facts-about-next-world-cup-in-russia/https://i2.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/fifa-reveals-official-russia-2018-world-cup-logo-design.jpg?fit=520%2C321&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/fifa-reveals-official-russia-2018-world-cup-logo-design.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1Recent PostsSoccerworld cup in russiaThis is the first time ever that Russia is hosting FIFA World Cup. The FIFA World Cup is held next year during summer of 2018. The finals of the World Cup will be held in Moscow. Since it is a World Cup there will be teams attending the tournament from all...Guest Post email@example.comContributorMyFantasySportsTalk