3 Reasons Why NXT Needs To Be WWE’s Third Brand
It’s very clear that Triple H’s vision for NXT is amazing. After watching numerous Takeover PPV’s, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s time to make NXT an exclusive main roster brand in WWE. The quality of the storylines, wrestling, and talent in general cannot continued to be overlooked and classified as the “minor leagues” of WWE anymore.
Here are three reasons that WWE as a company would benefit from NXT becoming an official main roster brand:
- Opportunities For Underutilized Talent. It’s become clear that current group of talent employed in WWE is one of the greatest they might have ever had. With only showcasing RAW and Smackdown with “main roster” talent, WWE has run into issues having storylines for a lot of their talent. Bray Wyatt has been off TV for months now due to not having a new story after Matt Hardy retired. Rusev can’t get ANYTHING going despite being so over with the crowd. Teams like Sanity continue to be overlooked as a force since being called up from NXT. I won’t get into too much detail on others, but the point is this – having NXT as the third brand would allow for some of the underutilized talent to be shown on a weekly basis.
- Viewers For The WWE Network. This one is simple. NXT does not need to be showcased every week on regular cable, not yet anyway. Make NXT a two-hour weekly show on Wednesday’s, similar to Smackdown, and make it exclusive to the WWE Network. This will help WWE get more subscribers because they’ll want to see their favorite superstars perform on a weekly basis. Let’s say, for example, Seth Rollins got drafted to NXT, wouldn’t you want to see him on a weekly basis?! More subscribers = more $$$ and we all know Vince McMahon loves his money!
- Fresh Storylines/Feuds/Dream Matches. We’ve seen guys like Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano carry an amazing feud over the past year. Velveteen Dream has won over the crowd with his awesome gimmick. Undisputed Era is just awesome, BAY-BAY! Lets take Undisputed Era as an example. What if these guys had the opportunity to have fresh feuds with the likes of the New Day? Or a reformed Wyatt Family? How about dream matches that you never thought you’d see? Seth Rollins vs. Adam Cole? Ricochet vs. Rey Mysterio? Johnny Gargano vs. Daniel Bryan? The possibilities of fresh storylines and feuds makes this another no brainer.
It’s clear that the work Triple H has done, along with the NXT talent themselves, has made NXT one of the must-watch shows. One would probably even argue that NXT Takeover PPVs have been better than the actual WWE PPV’s! It’s time to give these superstars the recognition that they have worked so hard to deserve. Make NXT the third official brand and stop letting some of these guys get lost in the mix when they get the call up!
Do you agree or disagree that NXT should be WWE’s third main roster brand? Sound off in the comments below or on social media!
- Macho Man Matty Savage
Follow us on all of our social media platforms!
Latest posts by Mathew Aguiar - WWE SmackTalk (see all)
- The People’s Podcast – Elimination Chamber Predictions - February 15, 2019
- The People’s Podcast – TLC Predictions (12/13/18) - December 14, 2018
- SmackTalk Presents: Insider BA’s Rumor Mill (12/03/18) - December 4, 2018