Appalachian State vs Troy Preview and Prediction
Appalachian State vs Troy Preview
The Appalachian State men’s basketball team will return to the hardwood on Monday, taking on the Troy Trojans in a road contest that will tip at 8:15 p.m. EST. The contest will be broadcast on ESPN3. The game is a makeup from a postponement on Thursday.
- This is the ninth all-time meeting between the two schools, with the Mountaineers holding a 6-2 edge.
Last time out for Appalachian State
- App State dropped a 83-77 decision at South Alabama on Saturday.
- Five Mountaineers reached double figures in the game. Justin Forrest had a team-high 15 points, Griffin Kinney added 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting and Tyrell Johnson tallied 10 points.
- Off the bench, Craig Hinton tied his career-high with 13 points, going a career-best 5-of-6 (83.3 percent) from the field and 3-of-4 (75.0 percent) on three-pointers. O’Showen Williams added 12 points, three rebounds and three assists.
- App State shot 46.6 percent (27-of-58) from the field and 47.6 percent (10-of-21) from deep.
Last time out for Troy
- Troy gave up a 13-point lead with 13:09 to play and lost 74-73 to Coastal Carolina.
- In the loss, Wesley Person became the all-time leader in made 3-pointers when he hit his 324th career three in the first half. The senior now sits just 27 points shy of becoming the all-time leading scorer in Troy history, which would surpass Anthony Reed’s record of 1,865.
- Troy was at a disadvantage on the boards against Coastal Carolina after leading rebounder Alex Hicks fouled out of the game with 7:05 remaining. The 6-8 forward, who is averaging 8.2 rebounds per game, was only able to play 11 minutes in the loss.
Where they sit in Conference Play
- App State sits at the 7th spot in the conference standings, while Troy is a half-game behind them in 8th place.
- Tonight’s matchup will be key for conference tournament seedings.
LINE: -8 Troy
Looking at the line, I was a little surprised to see Troy favored by so much. I do think Troy will win the game at home, but if I were going to wager on this game I would take Appalachian State +8.
Troy 74 Appalachian State 70
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- 2019 Eastern Conference Finals Predictions - May 14, 2019
- Report: Carlos Rodon to undergo Tommy John surgery - May 13, 2019
- 2019 Western Conference Finals Predictions - May 13, 2019