Canisius vs Air Force Preview and Prediction
Men Against Cancer Showcase: Canisius vs Air Force
The Canisius men’s basketball team heads west to Colorado Springs, Colo., to take on Air Force Tuesday night. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. (Eastern). This will be the Golden Griffins’ first game in the Men Against Breast Cancer Showcase. Canisius will return west Nov. 24-26 to play three more games in this event in Stockton, Calif.
- Canisius opened the 2017-18 season with an 80-75 loss to cross-town rival Buffalo Nov. 11.
- In the loss to the Bulls, freshman Takal Molson scored 25 points for Canisius – a new program record for points by a true freshman in his college debut.
- Sophomore Isaiah Reese added 20 points to the losing effort at Buffalo, with 17 of those points coming in the game’s second half.
- Canisius started two freshmenon Saturdayat Buffalo – Takal Molson and Jalanni White. This marks the first time since 2007-08 where the Blue and Gold had two true freshmen in the opening day starting line-up.
- Tuesday’s game will be the program’s first against Air Force.
What to know about Air Force
- The Falcons return three starters and 12 letter winners from last year’s team that went 12-21 overall and 4-14 in Mountain West play.
- Air Force started the 2017-18 year on Sunday with a 65-57 win over Texas State at home.
- Air Force was picked to finish 11th in the Mountain West Conference preseason poll.
Canisius ended the 2016-17 campaign with 10 true road wins, which ranked second-best in the MAAC behind regular-season champion Monmouth. If the Griffs want to pull off the win, they will need to keep up their fast-paced attack. The Falcons have a less than stellar defense, which should bode well for the Canisius shooters. Last season, the Griffs made the second most three-point attempts in school history (309).
Air Force junior guard Pervis Louder is the life-blood of the Falcons team–after playing sparingly his first two seasons at the school, he should see plenty of minutes this season. In their opening game, Louder paved the way with a team-high 13 points and four assists, he also added four rebounds and two steals.
If freshman guard Takal Moulson can repeat his collegiate debut where he scored 25 points, the Griffs should win this game. Jermaine Crumpton remains the team leader and a force down-low. The Falcons don’t have a proper rim protector as their two ‘bigs’ Lavelle Scottie and Ryan Swan are 6’6 and 6’7 respectively. Expect Canisius to force-feed Crumpton down low en route to the ‘upset’ victory.
Canisius 81 Air Force 71https://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/canisius-vs-air-force-preview-and-prediction/https://i2.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Reese_MAAC2_406.jpg?fit=1024%2C576&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Reese_MAAC2_406.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1MAACMountain WestNCAABRecent PostsAir Force Falcons,Canisius Golden Griffins,Canisius vs Air Force,College BasketballMen Against Cancer Showcase: Canisius vs Air Force The Canisius men’s basketball team heads west to Colorado Springs, Colo., to take on Air Force Tuesday night. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. (Eastern). This will be the Golden Griffins’ first game in the Men Against Breast Cancer Showcase. Canisius will return west Nov. 24-26 to play...Dan SchalkDan Schalkmyfantasysportstalk@gmail.comAdministratorDan Schalk is a sports enthusiast with degrees in Sports Coaching and Sports Management. He founded MyFantasySportsTalk in July of 2014 to bring a new platform to the sports media industry and allow various sports fans across the country have their voices be heard. Hailing from Buffalo, NY the land of the real chicken wing, you can stay up-to-date with Dan on Twitter @ffsportstalk You can also check some of Dan's work at Fantasypros.com, as he covers the Houston Astros as a team correspondent.MyFantasySportsTalk