Davidson vs Wake Forest Preview and Prediction
Davidson vs Wake Forest Preview
- Wake Forest leads, 61-23
- The teams played 51 times between 1952-2000, but tonight’s game is the first meeting in 19 seasons
- Last Meeting: Feb. 2, 2000, Davidson Won 54-49 (ot)
- Wake Forest has won the last 12 meetings in Winston-Salem, with Davidson’s last road win in the series coming in 1974
Get to know Davidson
Davidson enters 8-2 following a 77-75 overtime setback to Temple in the Hall of Fame Boardwalk Classic Saturday.
Gudmundsson also leads the way in rebounding (6.3) and assists per game (4.5).
Freshman Luka Brajkovic is also averaging double figures for the ‘Cats at 11.3 per game.
- POINTS/GAME: 76.7
- TO/GAME: 11.9
- OFF RBS/GAME: 35.3
- FT %: 78.7
- 3-PT %: 36.0
Get to know Wake Forest
Wake Forest comes in at 5-3 with a blowout victory over Charlotte, 80-56 eleven days ago. Head coach Danny Manning was hoping for that result before the regular exam break…
“You don’t want to go into (an 11-day break for exams) with a bad taste in your mouth,” coach Danny Manning said. “Let me take that back. A team does not want to go into the break with its coach having a bad taste in his mouth.”
Freshman show a bright future for Wake Forest, but this is guard Brandon Childress‘ team. The junior leads the Demon Deacons in points (16.9), assists (4.4), steals (1.9), FG% (52 percent), 3-PT% (48 percent) and FT% (83 percent). The team will go as far as he can take them.
- POINTS/GAME: 76.3
- TO/GAME: 13.6
- OFF RBS/GAME: 38.8
- FT %: 72.6
- 3-PT %: 37.6
LINE: –2 Davidson
Dan’s Bet: -2 Davidson
Score Prediction: Davidson 81 Wake Forest 75
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- Midwest Region: Auburn vs Kansas Prediction - March 22, 2019
- East Region: Minnesota vs Michigan State Prediction - March 22, 2019
- South Region: Villanova vs Purdue Prediction - March 22, 2019