Draft Profile: Kevin White
Kevin White- Wide Receiver- West Virginia
Size: 6’3 210lbs
2013 stats 35 receptions 507 yards 5 TDs
2014 stats 109 receptions 1,447 yards 10 TDs
- Good size
- Beats press coverage
- Good route running
- High points the ball in the air
- Turns up field with a purpose
Analysis: Kevin White is a physical receiver that can beat most defensive backs 1-on-1. His size combined with his flawless route running ability have helped White shoot up draft boards. NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah has White as his number one receiver, comparing him to “Julio Jones”. That is high praise for the West Virginia product.
Need to Improve:
- Not the fastest WR
- Not a good blocker
- Not elusive in space
- WVU system- translate to NFL?
Analysis: Kevin White will not blow by many corner backs, instead he uses his superior technique to out work them. Watching White play in the Mountaineer system, it is clear he will need work and motivation run blocking at the next level. His lack of agility has not seemed to hinder his productivity so far, but will his production in the spread system translate to the NFL?
Round Prediction: 1
NFL Comparison: Sidney Rice
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- South Region: Iowa vs Tennessee ATS Pick - March 23, 2019
- Midwest Region: Auburn vs Kansas Prediction - March 22, 2019
- East Region: Minnesota vs Michigan State Prediction - March 22, 2019