Great Balls Of Fire Review
The first ever WWE Great Balls of Fire PPV is officially in the books. Even with a crappy name/theme song, this PPV definitely delivered for the most part. Here are my quick thoughts on each match from last night!
1. Seth Rollins Vs. Bray Wyatt
- A great match to kick off the show to get the crowd rocking. Both are fan favorites, even though Bray is the heel. It was nice to see Bray pick up a PPV win in a good match. He needed this win more than Rollins. Rollins can easily bounce back from a loss, as opposed to Bray who seems to continuously be on the losing end of his feuds.
2. Enzo Amore Vs. Big Cass
- Great promo by Enzo prior to the match, but then the match was a total squash. I was really hoping that Cass would’ve just attacked Enzo before the match even started to drag this out another month into Summerslam, where they could’ve highlighted this on a bigger stage. Where do they go from here ??
3. Sheamus & Cesaro Vs. The Hardy Boyz (30-Minute Iron Man Match)
- Another great match. I originally predicted a 2-1 victory for the Hardyz but was wrong. I feel as if losing 4 falls in a 30-minute time span doesn’t look good for any team. I also wasn’t a fan of the random cover on Jeff to ultimately decide the match but it is what it is. I think this feud goes one more month into Summerslam with the Hardy Boyz finally getting the titles back.
4. Sasha Banks Vs. Alexa Bliss
- Solid match with a good ending to keep the feud going. Great heel move by Alexa getting herself counted out. Liked the aggressiveness after the match from Sasha. Glad that this feud will continue on for at least another month. Sasha is much better suited for Alexa than Nia Jax.
5. The Miz Vs. Dean Ambrose
- Dud of the night. More people cared about Bo’s biker gear than anything else. The match had a predictable ending of the Miztourage interfering to help Miz retain. This feud NEEDS to end already. Feels like these guys have been feuding for almost a year. The Miz needs someone fresh to work with. How about Finn Balor?
6. Roman Reigns Vs. Braun Strowman (Ambulance Match)
- Great match. Awesome ending seeing Roman spear himself into the ambulance to take the loss. The aftermath was wild. Even had a non-advertised match between Slater/Hawkins that no one cared about. A teased double turn, but we know WWE won’t go through with it. Should be interesting to see where they go with this on RAW, as the end of the segment saw Braun still walking!
7. Brock Lesnar Vs. Samoa Joe
- Quite a main event. Even though the official match was only a little over 6 minutes, it was pretty good. All the stuff before the match helped build Joe even more as a destroyer, even though he ultimately would take the loss. Didn’t like that it came out of nowhere and only took one F5. Hopefully Joe is inserted in the Summerslam main event, he’s definitely proven himself as a big force on the main roster.
What are your thoughts on the Great Balls of Fire PPV? Sound off on social media or in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!
Twitter – @WWESmackTalk
Instagram – @WWE_SmackTalk_
Facebook – Facebook.com/WWESmackTalk
Latest posts by Mathew Aguiar - WWE SmackTalk (see all)
- 4 Superstars Who Need A “Shake-Up” - April 16, 2019
- The People’s Podcast – Elimination Chamber Predictions - February 15, 2019
- The People’s Podcast – TLC Predictions (12/13/18) - December 14, 2018