It could be all over for Rockets vs. Warriors
Get Great Tickets at Ticket Monster!
After losing Game 2 of their series against the Warriors, the Rockets could be in trouble. Not playing their best basketball, Golden State managed to win a second consecutive game, and one that could make all the difference. Despite the idea of an NBA playoff series not starting until the home team loses, according to PlayoffStatus.com, Houston has a measly 7% chance of making it to the Finals. It’s exceedingly rare that a team comes back from a 0-2 hole. Hence, the Warriors have a projected 93% chance of winning the series.
In fact that assessment may be a little bit generous for Houston. Teams that fall behind 2-0 in a best-of-seven series have lost 252 of 268 times (94%).
After such an epic comeback against the Clippers, could the Rockets do it again? Of course it’s possible, but the Warriors could be too much to handle. As the NBA’s best regular season team, they know how to win. Solid defense and an overwhelming ability to shoot three-pointers are what has helped them get this far, and it shouldn’t change now.
Are the Rockets going to win a game in this series, or has Golden State demoralized them? Leave us your thoughts in the comments section below.
Landin Murphy covers the NBA for MFST, and you can follow him on Twitter @Landinfitness.https://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/it-could-be-all-over-for-rockets-vs-warriors/AnalysisBasketballNBA#Curry,#GoldenState,#NBAPlayoffs,#playoffs,#Warriors,harden,Houston,NBA,RocketsGet Great Tickets at Ticket Monster! After losing Game 2 of their series against the Warriors, the Rockets could be in trouble. Not playing their best basketball, Golden State managed to win a second consecutive game, and one that could make all the difference. Despite the idea of an NBA...Landin MurphyLandin Murphylandostar1248@gmail.comEditorLandin “Shredder” Murphy has been athletic since early age, quickly developing a propensity for both baseball and swimming. One of Landin’s fondest memories was his youth baseball team narrowly missing out on the opportunity to play in the Little League World Series Final. Unfortunately, during high school Landin was forced to forget his originally preferred sports as a freak basketball injury nearly ended his life. All prospects for Division I sports scholarships evaporated. Despite this set back, Landin focused his energies in new modes, becoming an All-State musician, avid sports journalist and by "Bodybuilding" to stimulate and heal his body. In an effort to assist others, Landin is currently pursuing Pre-Medical, Dosimetry and Sports Medicine degrees.MyFantasySportsTalk