La’el Collins draft profile
- Good strength- strong hands
- Masher- mean streak/competitive
- Played in pro-style offense at LSU
- Good technique- coached well
- Finishes blocks
- Can play both guard and tackle
Analysis: Collins is a strong, versatile lineman that will be able to play four positions at the next level. Collins is a mauler in the run game and enjoys pummeling defenders to the ground–he will finish all blocks. Playing at LSU, he grew up in a pro-style offense and was coached very well. His technique is sound for an incoming rookie.
Need to improve:
- Balance- leans forward
- Plays high- causes him to lose leverage
- Gets beaten by counter pass rush moves
Analysis: Collins plays with a mean streak, but sometimes looks for punishment rather than staying true to his form and technique. This causes Collins to lunge at defenders. In the NFL, defensive lineman will be schooled during their film study to beat Collins that way. In pass protection Collins lateral movement is lacking, causing him to be beaten by counter moves that make La’el change direction.
Round prediction: 1st round
NFL Comparison: Zach Martin