Monmouth vs Siena Preview and Prediction
Monmouth vs Siena Preview
MAAC play has been no joke as all teams have dealt with some adversity and have played a lot in the past week. Monmouth (3-14, 2-2) will be playing on tired legs as this is their third game in five days. Their last game however, was their best performance of the season. Ray Salnave scored 17 points and Monmouth cruised to a 65-49 win over Manhattan on Saturday.
Monmouth is giving up 46.5 points per game at home against MAAC opponents this season, holding both Saint Peter’s and Manhattan under 50 points. Against the Jaspers, MU allowed just two two-point field goals in the opening half.
For Siena (6-10, 1-2) it’s been a long time coming–I’m talking about picking up a road MAAC victory. The team shot 63% in the second half and reeled off a decisive 22-8 spurt late as the Saints secured their first conference victory with a 71-66 triumph at Marist. Evan Fisher scored a game-high 23 points for Siena which earned its first MAAC road win in exactly 23 months.
All six Saints who scored in the contest each notched at least nine points apiece. Reining MAAC Rookie of the Week Jalen Pickett once again stuffed the stat sheet with nine points, six rebounds, and eight assists, while Manny Camper added nine points in 18 crucial minutes off the bench in his first game back from injury following a four-game absence. Freshman Georges Darwiche set a season-high with his nine points.
Coaches are familiar
Tonight’s head coaches, King Rice and Jamion Christian, have coached against each other twice as NEC rivals during Christian’s first season at Mount Saint Mary’s in 2012-13, Rice’s second campaign. The Mount won both games, including a W on the final weekend of the regular season in what would be MU’s penultimate NEC contest.
- Monmouth leads the all-time series 10-4.
- Since becoming MAAC foes, Monmouth leads the series 7-2.
- The only losses came in MU’s first season in the league and in the 2017 MAAC semifinals.
- Monmouth swept last year’s season series, winning in February.
- MU has won four straight regular season games over Siena at the Times Union Center.
LINE: -5 Siena
Dan’s Bet: +5 Monmouth
Score Prediction: Siena 68 Monmouth 64
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- Report: David Ortiz shot over affair with drug lord’s wife - June 10, 2019
- 2019 NBA Finals Picks and Predictions - May 29, 2019
- Report: James Paxton close to returning to the mound - May 27, 2019