Mountain West Final: SDSU vs Utah State Prediction
SDSU vs Utah State Preview
This is not the conference final most would have predicted–that is due to San Diego State’s shocking upset of No.1 seed Nevada 65-56 on Friday night. Maybe the word shocking isn’t accurate because this Aztec team owns Nevada basketball . The Wolf Pack’s 58 wins the past two seasons is their best in team history, however they are 2-4 against San Diego State coach Brian Dutcher.
Utah State (27-6, 15-3) expected to be in the title game but it is their first conference championship game appearance since a 77-69 victory over Boise State in the Western Athletic Conference championship in 2011.
The team’s split the season series–it shook out like this:
At SDSU: San Diego State 68 Utah State 63
At Utah State: Utah State 70 San Diego State 54
Utah State is likely in the NCAA Tournament win or lose as major sites are predicting them in the field without securing the automatic bid:
- ESPN continues to project the Aggies as a No. 9 seed playing in Salt Lake City at Vivint Arena in the West Region, with No. 8 Washington out of the Pac-12 as their first-round opponent.
- Sports Illustrated has USU as a No. 10 seed playing No. 7 Iowa State of the Big 12 in the East Region in the first round.
- CBS Sports has the Aggies as a No. 8 seed playing No. 9 Syracuse in the first round in the South Region, with first- and second-round games in Columbus, Ohio.
San Diego State will need a victory to have any hope at dancing.
LINE: -6 Utah State
Dan’s Bet: Under 138
Score Prediction: Utah State 70 SDSU 60
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- 2019 UB Bulls Football Season Preview - July 15, 2019
- 2019 Colorado Buffaloes Football Preview - July 15, 2019
- Running back battles to watch prior to Training Camp - July 11, 2019