NFL Takeaway- Week 2
Two full weeks into the season, and there are so many questions, surprises and letdowns. Here is this week’s shakedown:
10. DeMarco… Polo! – The Eagles continued to struggle to free up Murray out of the backfield. With 13 carries, he managed just a measly two yards. The Cowboys defense jumped him time after time on Sunday. The Brightside was his 53 receiving yards.
9. Rise of the Backups- With injuries running a muck in the league, Luke McCown’s foreshadowing has come full circle. Tony Romo breaks his clavicle, enter Brandon Weeden. Jay Cutler strains his hamstring, Jimmy Clausen is up. Drew Bree’s status is still uncertain with his bruised rotator cuff, however, if he would miss the start, McCown would get his shot at the big time.
8. Downtown Antonio Brown- The man is out of this world right now. With 9 catches for 195 yards and a touchdown, he is already over 300 receiving yards this season. It doesn’t seem to matter who or how many guys are covering him, he will still make plays.
7. Houston, Texan- J.J. Watt and Justin Houston lit up the league for 42.5 sacks last season (22 for Houston, 20.5 for Watt). These two are providing excitement like Sosa/McGwire. They continue to produce. Houston finished with 2 sacks this week, while J.J. got another as well. They are tied at 3 a piece so far, this could be a fun race to watch.
6. Giant Problems- Stop me if you have heard this before… the Giants blow a 10 point lead. This team is maybe 60 seconds of football away from being 2-0 instead of 0-2. The good thing for them, is that the Cowboys are banged up, the Eagles are stagnant, and the Redskins hardly have a passing presence. So they are still in contention to win the division.
5. <– Turnovers = No win- Both the Chiefs and the Colts turned the ball over 5 times. The Chiefs lost by a touchdown, and the Colts lost by 13. Not hard to imagine that if they cut down on the turnovers, both teams come away with a win.
4. Swiss Cheese- Aaron Rodgers proves once again why he is basically a semi-god at home. He has now gone 545 passes without an interception at home. He had a relatively average game until the 4th quarter, where he picked apart the Seahawks defense on a 9-9, 91 yards and a touchdown performance. It is to be noted that this was without Kam Chancellor. We could easily see a rematch between these two in January.
3. Brady Still Pumped Up- Tom throws for another 3 touchdowns in addition to 466 yards. If he continues at his current pace, he will throw for 56 touchdowns and 6,000 yards. Now wouldn’t that be fun to watch?
2. A.P. Sighting- After just 10 carries in week 1, the Vikings dished it to their star 29 times in week 2. He averaged almost 5 yards a carry. However, he did have 2 fumbles. Peterson may just be shaking off the rust, which bodes well for the Vikings moving forward.
1. Tyrod: Rex Ryan’s Best Decision?- We all know Rex Ryan talks too much, is too confident in his mostly below average teams, and can generally be annoying. He has made many questionable decisions in his coaching career. Tyrod Taylor seemed to be another one of those decisions… T.T. has silenced some critics the last couple weeks. Sure he threw 3 interceptions against the Patriots, but 2 of them were tipped by his receivers. He has completed 75% of his passes and thrown 4 touchdowns (3 against the Patriots). He managed to keep the Bills in a game against their owners, and he may just be warming up!
Stay Tuned for Week 3!
Malachi David covers the NBA and NFL for MFST, you can follow him on Twitter @malachee89https://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/nfl-takeaway-week-2/https://i2.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/a47.jpg?fit=580%2C400&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/a47.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1AFC EastAFC NorthAFC SouthAFC WestBuffalo BillsChicago BearsDallas CowboysGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsKansas City ChiefsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNFC EastNFC NorthNFC SouthNFC WestNFLPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersRecent PostsSeattle SeahawksWashington RedskinsAaron Rodgers,Adrian Peterson,Antonio Brown,Brandon Weeden,Buffalo Bills,Dallas Cowboys,DeMarco Murray,Drew Brees,Indianpolis Colts,J.J. Watt,Jay Cutler,Jimmy Clausen,Justin Houston,Kam Chancellor,Kansas City Chiefs,Luke McCown,Mark McGwire,Minnesota Vikings,New England Patriots,New York Giants,Philadelphia Eagles,Rex Ryan,Sammy Sosa,Seattle Seahawks,Tom Brady,Tony Romo,Tyrod Taylor,Washington RedskinsTwo full weeks into the season, and there are so many questions, surprises and letdowns. Here is this week's shakedown: 10. DeMarco... Polo! - The Eagles continued to struggle to free up Murray out of the backfield. With 13 carries, he managed just a measly two yards. The Cowboys defense jumped...Malachi DavidMalachi Davidmalachidavid89@Gmail.comContributorHey there! Journalism student in the dairy state. Covering NBA and the NFL.MyFantasySportsTalk