NFL Takeaway- Week 4
Here is a recap of some things we saw and learned from Week 4.
10. Close Calls- This week marked the most games decided by 7 or less points at 9. Of those 9, 8 were decided by either 2 or 3 points. 4 of those losing teams had a kicker miss at least one field goal, and in some instances two.
9. CenturyLink Curse- It all started years ago with Tony Romo botching a snap. Then it was back with the ‘Fail Mary’ against Green Bay. The curse showed up once again this week, with the ‘Illegal Bat’ by K.J. Wright. Whether it was the curse getting to the Lions or general lack of knowledge of the rule, this was one of the biggest stories of the weekend.
8. Fish N’ Chips- One season after being the final straw for the Raiders, and their firing of Coach Dennis Allen, the Dolphins returned from a loss across the pond. Turns out that was the final straw for them and Joe Philbin, they canned him.
7. Taking Flight in ATL- At a glance of the 48-21 Falcons victory over the Texans, it would generally be assumed that Matt Ryan and Julio Jones lit up the defense. On the contrary, Atlanta may have the gem of the 1st quarter in Devonta Freeman. The guy has racked up 6 rushing touchdowns in 2 weeks. Will it continue against the Redskins who have not given up more than 60 yards to a rusher this season?
6. Master Chief- Kansas City fell to 1-3. The offense has been stagnant, the defense has underachieved, but Cairo Santos went off. In a week where as before mentioned, kickers struggled, Santos thrived in a 7-7 performance (22, 40, 51, 34, 40, 29, 51). However, I wouldn’t look to him in fantasy to have this performance every week.
5. Big Ben-gals- The AFC North may quickly turn into a one team race with Roethlisberger out in Pittsburgh. Andy Dalton and the Bengals continued to play well against Kansas City. The team who can scorch you behind the ‘Ginger Cannon’ played a little ground and pound with Jeremy Hill gaining 3 rushing touchdowns.
4. Implosion- The 49ers continue to struggle. After a 40 point loss in week 3, they kept it a little closer against Green Bay, but still only scored 3 points. Colin Kaepernick still looks hesitant to go anywhere past his first read. This could very well be the beginning of the end of Kaep’s reign in San Francisco.
3. Cardinal Direction- Three turnovers cost the Arizona Cardinals a 4-0 start against the Rams. However, this team is still a huge threat with this only being Carson Palmer’s 3rd loss in the last two seasons. Winning will have to continue though, as the Seahawks could return to form at anytime.
2. Trouble in Philly- DeMarco Murray got over 40 yards this week, but still stated he felt he wasn’t getting the ball as much as he would like. Chip Kelly admitted that no one was getting the touches they should, but this could lead to more turmoil than anything for the Eagles.
1. 6-1- There are still 6 teams with no losses, and 1 team that hasn’t won. What I am taking away from this week is that the 6 undefeated teams will all lose a game before Detroit wins one.
Malachi David covers the NBA and NFL for MFST, you can follow him on Twitter @malachee4everhttps://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/nfl-takeaway-week-4/https://i1.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/635795818072946555-USATSI-8842483-114815543-lowres.jpg?fit=534%2C401&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/635795818072946555-USATSI-8842483-114815543-lowres.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1AFC EastAFC NorthArizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsCincinnati BengalsDallas CowboysDetroit LionsFootballGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsKansas City ChiefsMiami DolphinsNFC WestNFLOakland RaidersPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersRecent PostsSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksSt. Louis RamsWashington Redskins#Matt Ryan,andy dalton,Arizona Cardinals,Atlanta Falcons,Ben Roethlisberger,Cairo Santos,Carson Palmer,Chip Kelly,Cincinatti Bengals,Colin Kaepernick,DeMarco Murray,Dennis Allen,Detroit Lions,Devonta Freeman,Green Bay Packers,Jeremy Hill,Joe Philbin,Julio Jones,K.J. Wright,Kansas City Chiefs,Miami Dolphins,Oakland Raiders,Philadelphia Eagles,Pittsburgh Steelers,San Francisco 49ers,Seattle Seahawks,St. Louis Rams,Tony Romo,Washington RedskinsHere is a recap of some things we saw and learned from Week 4. 10. Close Calls- This week marked the most games decided by 7 or less points at 9. Of those 9, 8 were decided by either 2 or 3 points. 4 of those losing teams had a...Malachi DavidMalachi Davidmalachidavid89@Gmail.comContributorHey there! Journalism student in the dairy state. Covering NBA and the NFL.MyFantasySportsTalk