NFL Takeaway-Week 5
Welcome back! Here’s what we saw this week in the NFL:
10. Colts Quarterback Situation- The Colts have been without their star Andrew Luck for two straight weeks, however the seasoned veteran Matt Hasselbeck has led them to wins in both of those games. Do the Colts stay with what is currently working? Or, do they rely on their star to turn his lackluster season around. More than likely it will be the latter.
9. Rally Cats- The Bengals continued their undefeated season, but they had to fight for it this week. Trailing 24-7 in the fourth quarter, it seemed out of reach. An Andy Dalton passing and rushing touchdown followed by a field goal as time expired, sent the game to overtime. Which allowed Mike Nugent to sneak the ball in off the post for the game-winning field goal.
8. Sinking Feeling- The Kansas City Chiefs have performed well below expectations thus far in their 1-4 start. However, three of those losses have been to teams that have yet to lose. The biggest loss of the season came this past week to the Bears, as Jamaal Charles is out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. This season may be well out of hand for the Chiefs already.
7. Mile High Defense- Any Peyton Manning team that is 5-0 is usually thanks to him. The defense which has always been the bane of this team, is now it’s lifeblood. Chris Harris Jr. scored the only touchdown for Denver this past week, which gave them a 16-10 victory.
6. Down in Dallas- The Cowboys have had three games since Tony Romo’s broken clavicle, all three of those games have been losses with Brandon Weeden under center. This past week resulted in no touchdowns for Dallas, also it results in Matt Cassel coming in for Week 7.
5. Change-Up- Ryan Mallett took a shot to the ribs on Thursday against the Colts, which he went to the sidelines to recover. A decision he regretted. Brian Hoyer stepped in, and didn’t come out as he went on for 312 yards and 2 touchdowns.
4. Giant Comeback- Eli Manning set a new record in New York with 41 completions. Those added up to 441 yards and three touchdowns. Including the game winner to Larry Donnell. Randle and Beckham Jr. have been struggling through pain and Cruz has yet to see the field this year. If this team gets healthy, they can be scary good.
3. Re-Kaep- The 49ers were beaten on the late touchdown by the Giants, but Colin Kaepernick went the entire game without a turnover, and threw 2 touchdowns. This was a nice rebound for him, as recently he has been highly scrutinized for his poor play. If the offensive line steps up and Kaepernick keeps his cool in the pocket, he can return to that form that got them to the Super Bowl.
2. The Streak Ended- Aaron Rodgers finally threw an interception in Lambeau Field… and then another. Oh yeah, he also fumbled. On a positive note, his defense picked off Nick Foles four times.
1. Victory Bell- Out of the backfield with no quarterback, Le’Veon Bell took the snap and survived a couple of tackle attempts to stretch the ball over the line to score the game winning touchdown as time ran out. This win keep the Steelers within striking distance of their undefeated rival, Bengals.
Malachi David covers the NFL for MFST, you can follow the site on Twitter @MyFntsySprtsTlkhttps://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/nfl-takeaway-week-5/https://i0.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/hi-res-187604261-andrew-luck-of-the-indianapolis-colts-walks-off-of-the_crop_exact.jpg?fit=650%2C433&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/hi-res-187604261-andrew-luck-of-the-indianapolis-colts-walks-off-of-the_crop_exact.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1AFC NorthAFC SouthAFC WestChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsKansas City ChiefsNew York GiantsNFC EastNFC NorthNFC WestPittsburgh SteelersRecent PostsSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksSt. Louis RamsAaron Rodgers,Andrew Luck,andy dalton,Brandon Weeden,Brian Hoyer,Chicago Bears,Chris Harris Jr.,Cincinatti Bengals,Colin Kaepernick,Dallas Cowboys,Denver Broncos,Eli Manning,Green Bay Packers,Houston Texans,Indianapolis Colts,Jamaal Charles,Kansas City Chiefs,Larry Donnell,Le'Veon Bell,Matt Cassel,Matt Hasselbeck,Mike Nugent,New York Giants,Nick Foles,Odell Beckham Jr.,Peyton Manning,Pittsburgh Steelers,Reuben Randle,Ryan Mallett,San Francisco 49ers,Tony Romo,Victor CruzWelcome back! Here's what we saw this week in the NFL: 10. Colts Quarterback Situation- The Colts have been without their star Andrew Luck for two straight weeks, however the seasoned veteran Matt Hasselbeck has led them to wins in both of those games. Do the Colts stay with what...Malachi DavidMalachi Davidmalachidavid89@Gmail.comContributorHey there! Journalism student in the dairy state. Covering NBA and the NFL.MyFantasySportsTalk