NFL Takeaway- Week 6
- Free Fall– The Ravens continued their disappointment of a season with a 25-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. The join a list of five teams that have only one win this season. A decent offense combined with a lackluster defense have put this team to the bottom.
- One Down– The Atlanta Falcons finally lost a game. They fell to the Saints in New Orleans. The defense struggled to contain the Saints, however Devonta Freeman continued his breakout season with 100 yards rushing, and a touchdown both on the ground and through the air.
- One Up- The Detroit Lions become the last team to win a game this season with a 37-34 overtime win over the Bears. The 4th quarter saw them go from an eight-point lead to trailing by seven before gaining a three-point lead. The Bears tied it at the end with a field goal. Matt Prater finally put the game winning field goal through late in overtime.
- Sneaking By- The Broncos survived a scare from the Cleveland Browns this week in an overtime win. Peyton Manning struggled with another three interceptions. However, the defense came up big again with an Aqib Talib interception return.
- Staying Alive- Thanks in part to a bad start by the Colts, the Houston Texans are just one game out of the division lead after the great all around team effort they put together against the Jaguars. Brian Hoyer threw three touchdowns, including two to DeAndre Hopkins. The defense also came up with three interceptions including a pick six by Andre Hal.
- Bounce Back- The Dolphins earned a huge win over the Titans in Dan Campbell’s first game as coach. They routed the struggling Titans 38-10. Ryan Tannehill completed 22-29 passes with two touchdown and two interceptions, and Lamar Miller went over 100 yards with a touchdown. Perhaps things will continue to look up for Miami. The defense also tallied six sacks.
- Legion of Whom? – Seattle lost another game with a 4th quarter lead to the Carolina Panthers. The secondary had done a good job all day, intercepting Cam Newton twice. However, the only play that mattered was a meltdown for the greatest secondary in football, as Cam found Greg Olsen wide open for a 26 yard go ahead touchdown.
- Deflategate Bowl- The matchup between New England and Indianapolis was one of the biggest games on the schedule for this season. Many people were not wondering who would win, but by how much the Patriots would win by in the wake of their offseason. Surprisingly, the Colts kept this a close game, which is rare in the Brady/Luck match lately.
- ‘Rough-alo’ Bills- The Bills were on the upswing recently, but injuries have plagued this speedy, big-play roster. Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins and Percy Harvin have all been down with injuries, which has really limited the offensive potential of this team.
- It’s Always Murray In Philadelphia– The Eagles finally saw the reason they brought DeMarco Murray in. After saying he wasn’t getting the touches he wanted, he had 21 carries for 112 yards and a touchdown. If they continue to get this production, the NFC East should be theirs for the taking.
Malachi David covers the NFL for MFST, you can follow the site on Twitter @MyFntsySprtsTlk
https://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/nfl-takeaway-week-6/https://i1.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/a38.jpg?fit=640%2C556&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/a38.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1AFC EastAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCleveland BrownsDenver BroncosDetroit LionsHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsMiami DolphinsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNFC EastPhiladelphia EaglesRecent PostsSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksTennessee TitansAndre Hal,Andrew Luck,Aqib Talib,Atlanta Falcons,Baltimore Ravens,Brian Hoyer,Buffalo Bills,Cam Newton,Carolina Panthers,Chicago Bears,Cleveland Browns,DeAndre Hopkins,Denver Broncos,Detroit Lions,Devonta Freeman,Greg Olsen,Houston Texans,Indianoplis Colts,Jacksonville Jaguars,Lamar Miller,Matt Prater,Miami Dolphins,New England Patriots,New Orleans Saints,Percy Harvin,Peyton Manning,Philadelphia Eagles,Ryan Tannehill,Sammy Watkins,San Francisco 49ers,Seattle Seahawks,Tennessee Titans,Tom Brady,Tyrod TaylorFree Fall- The Ravens continued their disappointment of a season with a 25-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. The join a list of five teams that have only one win this season. A decent offense combined with a lackluster defense have put this team...Malachi DavidMalachi Davidmalachidavid89@Gmail.comContributorMalachi David graduated with a degree in journalism and covers a variety of sports for MFST. He is a big sports collector and enjoys interacting with fans on his Facebook page @SportReportMD.MyFantasySportsTalk
Malachi David graduated with a degree in journalism and covers a variety of sports for MFST. He is a big sports collector and enjoys interacting with fans on his Facebook page @SportReportMD.