NFL Takeaway- Week 7
NFL Takeaway Week 7
- Berzerk Cousins- The Redskins rallied from down by 24 to steal a win from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kirk Cousins had an amazing game, going 33-40 for 317 yards and 3 touchdowns. Let’s not forget he also had a rushing touchdown. As far as this being the first time they have made the Takeaway this season… You Like That!!!
- Madden Bowl- Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick revitalized the advertising for the Madden video game. The same time they were doing that, they were igniting the young, run-and-gun quarterback. A few years later their Thursday night matchup was more of a dud game than fans would hope. The bright side for fans, Marshawn Lynch went for 122 yards and a touchdown.
- Toying With Your Prey- The Jaguars put together a very impressive two and a half quarters against the Bills. They went up 27-3, then took a little cat nap. The Bills bounced back and took the lead, 31-27, before the Jaguars closed out with one more touchdown.
- No Endzone In Sight- Devonta Freeman carried the ball 25 times for 116 yards but does not get a touchdown. The Falcons struggled to put up any points against the Titans in their 10-7 victory.
- Tailback Tom- New England snuck through with a seven-point win at home against the Jets, with absolutely no run game. Tom Brady threw the ball 54 times, and led the team in rushing on 4 carries for 15 yards and a touchdown. This may be something that never happens again.
- Battle For Cali- The Raiders may have only beat the Chargers 37-29, but this game was not that close. The Chargers scored three touchdowns in the 4th quarter, already down by 24. Derek Carr threw three touchdowns, all over 20 yards, including a 52 yarder to stand out rookie Amari Cooper.
- Phalling In Philly- The Eagles dropped another game this week, as the Panthers beat them 27-16. Sam Bradford complete just over 50% of his passes and just over 200 yards. The Eagles continue to be hit-and-miss offensively. Donovan McNabb spoke out about Chip Kelly this week, saying, “Win now or else”. The Eagles had an opportunity to steal the division with the Cowboys injuries, but they are losing that window.
- No one like Romo- The Cowboys were possibly two special teams plays from beating the New York Giants and getting their first win since losing their star quarterback. However, the blame could easily fall to quarterback play as Matt Cassel threw three interceptions, including a pick-6.
- Catching On- The Vikings may have found their piece in the passing game to make them the versatile team they need to be to take the next step. Stefon Diggs caught his first touchdown pass against the Lions on a spectacular baseball style layout. His speed, combined with great route running for a young player, have elevated him to a top target for Bridgewater.
- Rookie Talk- Amari Cooper is having a wonderful rookie season, he is over 500 receiving yards and 30 catches already this year. Another standout rookie has been Todd Gurley for the Rams. He has cleared 140 yards in three straight games now. These two are leading the rookie class so far.