Pokemon Go: A Breath of Fresh Air
Through several painful server crashes and many other beginning problems, we the people, the great fans of the classic and great world of Pokémon, are finally getting closer and closer to living the dream of becoming Pokémon masters. We all want to be the very best and we all have a very realistic chance of doing that.
Virtual reality is hot and on its way to making history in our life times, and the creators of Pokémon Go has caught on to that wind. No, we aren’t wearing headsets, but with our phones, we are able sort of live in the world of Pokémon, and as technology begins to advance more and more, we can only go up in our enjoyment of what’s to come. Pokémon Go, recently being released, has swept the world in great fun getting us to go outside more, exploring where we live, where we don’t live, to catch the best of the best. Always make sure to stay safe and to watch where you’re going. Even though this is a lot of fun, it’s not worth your life. Not even being a month old, and there are stories piling in with people running into situations because they were distracted, even finding a dead body.
But on a more positive note, Pokémon Go is the next step into getting the chance of explore the world with our phones, while having a great time doing it. Living in the Midwestern area, smack dab in good old Wisconsin, the game seems to be realistic about what type of Pokémon that I and others will find in our area. And that’s something I think we can actually appreciate. Even though this is a fictional world, the game is taking things to a realistic approach, making us the players, explore more and actually make this worth our while, making the capture of a Pokémon so much more worth it.
Whether you’re new to Pokémon Go or weeks into it, here are some tips to get you going.
- Catch Them All. – Catching duplicates gets you evolution candy.
- What’s Near You? – The meter in the bottom right side shows you how close particular Pokémon are.
- Turn Off AR. – Makes capturing Pokémon much harder.
- Don’t Evolve Your Pokémon Too Early. – The higher the starting combat of your Pokémon the stronger your evolved Pokémon will be.
- Find Pokémon in Real Life Habitats.
- Don’t Put Your Pokémon in Gyms Too Early.
- The Train or Bus is a Great Way to Stock Up on Items.
- Visit Every PokeStop. – Even if your bag is full you’ll still get 50XP from each visit.
If you have any other tips, fill free to chime in. Given by the popularity of this game, we can see that it will be around for a long time. So make sure to get started and to join a team. And to stay caught up with all things entertainment, make sure to tune into MFST.
Dewayne Edwards cover games, television, and movies for MFST, follow him on Twitter @ProPizza94.