SUPPORT: Herpetology Challenge Grant
My Fantasy Sports Talk consistently brings you up-to-date news and analysis in the fantasy, sports and entertainment world, but in this article we are bringing your attention to the animal kingdom. One of our loyal readers happens to be a scientist and my brother, Chris Schalk. I can go on and on about his research, published works etc. but that would involve me actually understanding the inter-workings of an eco-system and I would rather watch game film and study sports.
That being said, the elder Schalk and his cohorts are in a battle with other scientists and researchers in the Herpetology Challenge Grant which is a winner-take-all contest broken into three parts.
- Answer the Challenge- Challenge grants bring together experiments focused on a particular topic or cause. By examining a specific scientific challenge, we can help drive new discoveries in important areas of research.
Peer-Reviewed Proposals- Each project is reviewed by a panel of scientists and topic experts, and all review comments are transparent to the public.
- Crowd Leverage- Three’s a party, but three thousand is a crowd. By backing a project, you’ll receive updates, data, and results directly from the project creators. This is science by the people, for the people.
The project MFST is backing is titled:
Ultimately, the winner of this contest gets to not only take the trip to continue their research, but the experiment with the most ‘backers’ will receive an extra $1,000.
There are 18 days left in the challenge, and to-date Chris Schalk’s project is 59% funded. I am calling all of MFST’s readers to donate anything, $1, $2, even fifty cents. If any of our readers donate, I will give custom fantasy football advice to you and your teams for the rest of the season. Even if you do not donate, spread the word of this important research project!
Those who donate can email me and I will go over how the weekly fantasy football advice will work.
Save the geckos!
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- 3 Pitchers who will rebound in fantasy baseball this season - May 24, 2019
- 2019 MLB Mock Draft - May 24, 2019
- Danny Duffy quietly putting together a solid 2019 campaign - May 20, 2019