WATCH: What is Stephen A. Smith on?
Personally, I can’t stomach ESPN’s First Take, but that doesn’t stop the channel from producing the show on a daily basis.
While previewing tonight’s Thursday Night showdown between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Los Angeles Chargers, Stephen A. Smith gave his take to Max Kellerman and Tedy Bruschi, pointing out who he was looking forward to watching.
The only problem is…a person with little knowledge of the sport could have come up with more facts than Smith. The ultra-aggressive personality sounded like an idiot who hasn’t watched the NFL this season.
He highlighted Spencer Ware, Hunter Henry, Derrick Johnson and San Diego–all four of those have nothing to do with tonight’s game.
If that didn’t read right to you, it’s because it definitely was not. And it had his TV mates serving as live fact checkers.
Teddy Bruschi’s facial expression is priceless.
Correcting Smith’s scouting report
There’s quite a few things to undo here.
- “I’m going to have some faith in Spencer Ware and thinking he can do some things.”
We’re not sure why. Ware was officially ruled doubtful with a foot injury on Thursday afternoon. Kellerman, in some disbelief, reminded Smith of such.
2. “I’m also looking at the San Diego Chargers on offense.”
Maybe we got to the bottom of this: he’s watching game tape from prior seasons. That’s the only way you’re looking at the San Diego Chargers.
3. “And I’m thinking about Hunter Henry and the way that he’s played this year …”
Henry, who we should note is indeed a tight end for the Chargers, has been out all year with a torn right ACL.
4. ” … he’s going up against Derrick Johnson and I have to keep my eyes on that.”
Johnson was certainly a guy to keep an eye on.
From 2005 through 2017. He left the Chiefs in February, signed with the Oakland Raiders, and has since been released.
This is incredible…Stephen A. Smith’s 3 players to watch:
1. Spencer Ware (out tonight)
2. Hunter Henry (who has had a great season according to him lmao)
3. Derrick Johnson (not currently in NFL) https://t.co/uz8E4swx3R
— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) December 13, 2018
Totally agree. Hunter Henry could be a huge x-factor for the Chargers tonight. 🥶 https://t.co/hJpSoe7Jsz
— Jason McIntyre (@jasonrmcintyre) December 13, 2018
My Brother, it’s called a MISTAKE because I was think of Virgil Green, but mentioned Hunter because I was multi-tasking. That’s what happens when you’re doing a thousand things. But I don’t blame you if you told me to “Stay Off The Weeeeeeedddddddd.!” That was a brain-lock moment https://t.co/hhFfUmbhiu
— Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) December 13, 2018
Latest posts by Dan Schalk (see all)
- Report: David Ortiz shot over affair with drug lord’s wife - June 10, 2019
- 2019 NBA Finals Picks and Predictions - May 29, 2019
- Report: James Paxton close to returning to the mound - May 27, 2019