WWE Mixed Match Challenge Predictions
WWE introduced a special Mixed Match Challenge, which will be broadcast live on Tuesday night’s right after SmackDown exclusively on Facebook Watch.
So what exactly is this Mixed Match Challenge?
- There have been 6 teams of RAW superstars and 6 teams of SmackDown superstars created to face off in a tournament bracket, where the winning team will donate $100,000 to a charity of their choosing.
This tournament has given the WWE Universe an opportunity to see some unique teams that you never thought you’d ever see. Here are the combinations of teams for each show:
- Finn Balor & Sasha Banks
- The Miz & Asuka
- Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
- Goldust & Alicia Fox
- Elias & Bayley
- Apollo Crews & Nia Jax
- Shinsuke Nakamura & Natalya
- Big E & Carmella
- Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch
- Jimmy Uso & Naomi
- Rusev & Lana
- Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair
Week 1 began a few nights ago and we saw Finn Balor & Sasha Banks knock off Shinsuke Nakamura & Natalya and advance to the second round.
Here are my predictions for the rest of the tournament:
- The Miz & Asuka over Big E & Carmella
- Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss over Sami Zayn & Becky Lynch
- Jimmy Uso & Naomi over Goldust & Alicia Fox
- Rusev & Lana over Elias & Bayley (PLEASE)
- Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair over Apollo Crews & Nia Jax
If all goes as predicted above, it’ll leave 3 RAW teams and 3 SmackDown teams heading into round two:
- The Miz & Asuka over Finn Balor & Sasha Banks
- Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss over Jimmy Uso & Naomi
- Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair over Rusev & Lana
I’m not really sure how WWE is planning on doing the “2nd Chance Fan Vote” for round three. My guess is that every team eliminated will be up for vote. With that being said:
- The Miz & Asuka over Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss
- Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair over Finn Balor & Sasha Banks
Notes: The Week 10 matchup between Miz/Asuka vs. Strowman/Bliss will happen a few weeks before Wrestlemania. I think the hype will be there for the Women’s Title match between Asuka and Bliss. I see Asuka getting the win here to build more momentum heading into Wrestlemania. And I voted for Balor & Banks to get the second chance because they seem like the most popular vote due to how over Balor is with the WWE Universe.
And your winners are…
Bobby Roode & Charlotte Flair!
This tournament culminates the Tuesday before Wrestlemania. With that being said, it’s time to throw a curveball and make this interesting. By this time, Miz will have regained his Intercontinental Championship. Bobby Roode will still be the United States Champion. It just makes sense to see this final. Everyone is expecting Miz/Asuka to win this tournament because of Asuka’s “undefeated streak”. I want to see it end here to shock everyone. Have Alexa Bliss interfere and cost Asuka the match AND her undefeated streak. It’ll make the build to their Wrestlemania match that much better.
And there you have it! These are my predictions for WWE’s Mixed Match Challenge, what are yours? Who do you have winning it all?
Sound off in the comments below or on social media. Thanks for reading!
- Macho Man Matty Savage
Twitter – @_SmackTalk
Instagram – @_SmackTalk
Facebook – Facebook.com/WWESmackTalk
Latest posts by Mathew Aguiar - WWE SmackTalk (see all)
- 4 Superstars Who Need A “Shake-Up” - April 16, 2019
- The People’s Podcast – Elimination Chamber Predictions - February 15, 2019
- The People’s Podcast – TLC Predictions (12/13/18) - December 14, 2018